Health Benefits of Ginger Root
Ginger is a familiar spice, most notable for its complementary addition to Indian and Japanese cuisines. This flowering plant is native to Asia, the Caribbean and parts of Africa. Known for its benefits on the body, ginger is a great addition to any person’s daily life. Our powder makes it easy to mix into favorite recipes. You’ll enjoy the quality and convenience of our Organic Ginger Root Powder!
While the best-researched use of ginger is in combating nausea and vomiting, studies have shown that ginger is a multi-faceted remedy with at least six more healing effects:
- It reduces pain and inflammation, making it valuable in managing arthritis, headaches, and menstrual cramps.
- It has a warming effect and stimulates circulation.
- It inhibits rhinovirus, which can cause the common cold.
- It inhibits such bacteria as Salmonella, which cause diarrhea, and protozoa, such as Trichomonas.
- In the intestinal tract, it reduces gas and painful spasms.
- It may prevent stomach ulcers caused by nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, such as aspirin and ibuprofen.